The Millwork Estimator works closely with departments across the company, such as sales, project management, and production, to contribute to the success of the Millwork projects and client satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Preparation of cost estimates for millwork projects and services using company-established standardized procedures, methods
and processes for estimating.
· Perform takeoffs of material requirements for work assigned.
· Solicit vendor quotes for custom material elements of projects.
· Estimate man-hour requirements for products and services.
· Update estimating database with current costs, rates, and labor estimates.
· Provide written descriptions of work to be performed and coordinate with Project Manager for sales proposals.
· Prepare estimates for changes throughout a project.
· Research new vendors and schedule in-house demonstrations.
· Review purchase order requisitions for accuracy and consistency with project requirements.
· Provide detailed project cost reports in support of all estimates utilizing company estimating software.
· Communicate project requirements effectively with co-workers and clients as required.
· 5 to 8 years' experience as an estimator in the field of Millwork.
· Experience in estimating, constructing, or millwork project management.
· Able to visualize end result from construction drawings or renderings.
· Advanced blueprint reading skills, able to interpret blueprints and perform takeoffs.
· Efficient scheduler of all aspects of estimating and deadline oriented.
· Able to independently investigate all aspects of a project to generate formal estimates and bids.
· Basic drafting / drawing background.
· Completely understands millwork construction and fabrication processes.
· Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills.
· Open-minded and willing to learn new things and work with new processes and procedures
· Good computer skills, including Microsoft Suite, and ability to learn company estimating software.
· Experience with take-off software such as Bluebeam or PlanSwift.
· This critical role requires a high level of organization, attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Job Type: Full-time