Woodmeister Master Builders is a residential Construction, Millwork and Lifestyle Management Company, known for meticulous attention to detail and tireless pursuit of the exceptional. We are seeking an experienced Millwork Engineer to add to our current Millwork team.
Working closely with project managers and the fabrication teams, the Millwork Engineer is responsible for field dimensions, detailed CAD drawings, and creating cut sheet packages for architectural millwork and cabinetry designs.
- Works with Project Managers to identify scope, schedule, budget and specifics for millwork projects.
- Visits job sites to gather field dimensions to ensure designs fit the space allotted through accurate measurements.
- Creates detailed CAD shop drawings, cut sheets and parts list packages from architectural designs.
- Flag areas of concern regarding design or functionality, provide input for approval of drawings and work with designers, PM's, and general contractors to address and resolve concerns.
- Identify and utilize the most efficient and practical method for fabrication and installation of designs; standardize whenever possible.
- Provide detailed drawings to facilitate CNC needs.
- Identify needs for solid wood and panel stock required for the project and generate PO's if necessary
- Specification of all special components needed for the project such as mirrors, pegs, brackets, special doors, slides and hardware not in stock.
- Ensure all change requests are accurately incorporated into drawings while updating files.
- Identify limits to site accessibility such as elevators doorways or stairs and incorporate into designs to ensure deliverability and buildability.
- Collaborate with fabrication and installation teams to communicate the scope of the project and explain special circumstances to ensure a quality outcome.
- Associates Degree preferred but not required
- 3+ years experience in cabinetmaking or designing/drafting in an architectural millwork environment
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Solid understanding of cabinetmaking manufacturing methods
- Hand sketching a plus
- Adequate vision to read and understand blue prints, drawings, computer printouts.
- Able to work on computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to communicate in person, using telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Able to negotiate uneven terrain at job sites, climb hills and stairs, navigate construction sites.
If you are committed to excellence and complete customer satisfaction, we want to hear from you! In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer a supportive environment with a team of professionals who enjoy and are passionate about their work.
Woodmeister Master Builders Is An Equal Opportunity Employer