Position Definition: The Project Manager is responsible for the operations, planning, installation and customer relations for Millwork Projects from launch through project completion.
- Review architectural drawings and assess material details in order to accurately estimate job costs and selling price.
- Develop budgets across all project phases including, design, layout, project management, fabrication, finish and shipping.
- 10 years architectural woodworking or high-end residential cabinet making industry experience.
- Some college level experience in business or engineering preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a project manager.
- Understanding of the construction industry, especially millwork in residential construction.
- Proven ability to manage large projects, maintain multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to plan and organize projects in detail, plan and manage budgets, manage resources.
- Proficient in MS Office, knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Knowledge of Auto CAD.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively, verbal and written, skilled at influencing for desired results.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High level of budget management ability.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Willingness to travel throughout New England occasionally.
- Adequate vision to read and understand blue prints, drawings, computer print outs, etc.
- Ability to communicate in person, using telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Able to negotiate uneven terrain at job sites, climb hills and stairs, navigate through construction sites.
- Able to work at computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Mental ability to plan, manage, execute.
- Lift, carry, transport materials weighing less than 30 lbs.
- Climb stairs to interact with other departments
- Manage project budgets including tracking and forecasting. Ultimate decision maker on all budget issues.
- Develop project schedules and communicate to internal departments and client.
- Primary client contact, communicate project expectations regarding scheduling and pricing, including change orders.
- Communicate budget status and budget changes regularly.
- Direct, supervise and manage submittal process for drawings, materials, cost sheets, project & material schedules and finish requirements.
- Manage the lay out process by communicating with layout designers and resolving issues as they arise.
- Develop purchasing strategy for projects and manage purchasing activity.
- Ensure all information regarding layout drawings, materials requirements and schedules; budget information, job codes and phase codes are communicated to production clearly and timely.
- Field questions on production set-up and process.
- Develop installation package including all drawings, ship tickets, notes, directions to site and customer contacts.
- Conduct installation set-up meetings.
- Prime installer contact to resolve all field related issues.
- Manage punch list process to close out jobs.
- Resolve issues related to all phases of the project in a timely manner.
- Job Type: Full-time
Woodmeister Master Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer